After baking a few loaves and not satisfied with the result- I came up with this recipe that I was very happy with.
-2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack.
- Making the icing: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract with a mixer until smooth.
- When loaf is cooled, remove from pan and frost top with icing. When icing has set, slice loaf into slices (should get about 8 good slices).
This is another family favorite except for Moe- he's allergic to lemons!