I got an awesome blog award from September Mom! She's a talented writer and poet and became hooked to her blog from the first visit. Pay her a visit and tell her I said Hi!
The recipients of this award are encouraged to share some achievements of their blogs. For me, blogging was a way to improve my writing and be a creative outlet for me, but it has become so much more;
- The Cyber friends that I have made from the blogging community was unexpected! Your comments on my posts have made me laugh, cry (I'm a big crier!) and gave me a different perspective on things.
- Where can you get people from all different walks of life come together? Blogging! Where can you show off pictures of your children or newest home remodeling project? Blogging! Where can you vent, rant, rave, & complain about the latest headache of the day? Blogging! The greatest thing about blogging is that not only do you talk about things that matter the most to you, but you get feedback. It is so much more rewarding than journaling. Blogging is interactive.
- When I started blogging Renaissance Man was a little paranoid. He wondered what kind of things would I write about. Would I give out family secrets? Would I write about things that would later come back and haunt me? Would I write anything embarrassing about him? I would never embarrass him, what a silly man! I love and respect him too much to write about the time he wore zebra striped MC Hammer pants with his pink and white polka dot shirt. That's just too embarrassing to tell everyone. I mean I would NEVER tell anyone that he loved those ugly pants so much that he bought TWO zebra striped MC Hammer pants. There must have been a "Buy 1 for 2" special.
- My blog has become a topic of dinner conversation with our family! Renaissance Man has become (surprise!) a big fan of blogging! When he comes home, he relaxes by reading my blog and loves reading the comments. He still wants to have a blog of his own and like a typical business man is "researching" what kinds of topics would interest the blogging community. He looks at different blog layouts, is still working on a catchy blog name, and reviews blogging statistics! And Moe just loves it every time I write about him.
- One of the greatest thing about blogging is that it made my transition to a new area a lot easier! It gave me something creative to do other than cooking, cleaning, and being a chauffeur. Blogging became my muse.
- My schedule for the summer just gets busier, so I haven't had time to visit your blogs as much or to post, but I want to thank all of you for reading my silly blog and for taking the time to comment! It's always great to hear from you and even more exciting to get comments from new bloggers!
- I'm passing this award to 5 bloggers whose writing and observations in life are thought provoking, inspirational and often down right hilarious! I've never met them, but I get a feeling that if I did, we would have a grand ole time!
* Mother Goose from "Solomon Surprises"
* Wendy from "No Botox Allowed"
* Lilly from "Pray for Roy"
* Sassy from "fat sassy and mr wonderful"
* Sally from "Mais Fica"