- Did you know that you can use a hairdryer to dry your entire body? Yes, you can! As I was towel drying my hair, a woman took the hair dryer provided by the gym and proceeded to blow dry herself off. She was as naked as a jaybird and started humming away as she bended, twisted, turned, and made sure she got every nook and cranny dried off with that hair dryer. I left the gym with my hair still wet and made a mental note to NEVER use that hair dryer.
- I always go into the steam room after I work out. One day "naked yoga lady" enters. I immediately close my eyes and pretend she's not in the room until she does the downward dog and her butt is facing me! I close my eyes really tight and try desperately to wish the image away from my mind. It doesn't work because she stays in that position forever and then you worry that maybe she's keeled over and is stuck in that position. My eyes are still closed and I try to hear her breathing. I really don't feel like checking to see if her chest is moving, so I wait until she moves into another position. She's okay, because she proceeds to do some other weird yoga move that prompts me to leave the steam room quickly.
- I have an extremely keen sense of smell which is not so good when you're working at the gym with a lot of people. For some reason I'm always stuck walking on the treadmill with "garlic man" right next to me. The man reeks of garlic, it oozes out of his skin and he breathes with his mouth open. And guess who gets to breathe it in?
- I was lifting 15 lb hand weights one on each arm doing bicep curls. I felt strong. Then a little old lady whose several inches shorter than me and looks like she could topple over if there was a sudden gust of wind, proceeds to get two 30 lb dumb bells and lifts them effortlessly. I slowly back away from her and continue to lift my weights on the other side of the gym.
- If you stretch with tight pants make sure no one is around you or at least check for little holes before you leave for the gym. It's amazing how loud a tear can sound especially when the tear is right on your butt.
Have a great week everyone and if your ever going to work out at the gym, remember my tips and you'll be okay.