Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My favorite Childhood Toy by Moe: Part I

(written by Moe when he was 13 years old)

One boring and long summer day, my mom told me to get off my butt and clean my room. I don't blame her, my room was a mess. I went upstairs and started cleaning. I put away my sports stuff, games, and videos. Then I folded my blankets and I looked under my bed to clean.

It was then when I found my bear Russ. Russ is a beanie bear that I got when I was three.



I remember the day when I got my Bear...It was a regular day and my birthday had just passed. My grandma couldn't make it to my birthday because she had something to do. She stopped by my house to give me a late birthday present.

The gift was wrapped in a box as large as a mouse pad. I opened it and inside was a stuffed little bear. I was so excited when I got it. I named the bear Russ.



Russ looked so cool at the time...I used to play with my bear 24-7. I pretended it was a Power Ranger, an airplane, and a cop. I hugged it, threw it against the wall and "playfully" threw it at my parents.

I know that Russ didn't mind the rough housing because he still had a smile on his face. I took him everywhere I went and I MEAN EVERYWHERE.


That bear was one of my favorite toys. It reminded me of good times because of the memories it gave me. In fact, I still have that bear sitting right next to my bed on my dresser.

Note from H.K. - This is how Russ looks now. Russ has seen better days and has gone through a lot of wear and tear over the years. He's been sewed together so many times, it's amazing that he's still in one piece.

Moe's too old to play with Russ, but he still has an honorary place in Moe's room - on top of his dresser.



***I'm a guest blogger for Solomon Family Delights- a blog that contains some yummy recipes from Mother Goose. And all the recipes have Pictures! Check out my latest recipe of Noodle Spinach Casserole recipe and click Here ***


6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This was so sweet! Moe is a natural!

septembermom said...

Moe is a wonderful writer! If he wrote this well at 13, please tell him to keep writing. He has a great way of engaging his reader. Wonderful rhythm here too. Love Russ' picture.

The Crazy Coxes said...

That is so sweet!
My kids still have special stuffed animals too. Their too old to sleep with them or play with them, but they sit on the night stand or on the dresser. Don't tell anyone but some people in my house STILL have their blankies. ;)

tiki_lady said...

my husband had a favorite bear he named rus too and he has passed it down to his boys. We still have him. he has been very well loved, i can't wait til mr.incredible's grandchildren get to love Rus too.
your recipes are sooo yummy! thanks for doing this!!

tiki_lady said...

my husband had a favorite bear he named rus too and he has passed it down to his boys. We still have him. he has been very well loved, i can't wait til mr.incredible's grandchildren get to love Rus too.
your recipes are sooo yummy! thanks for doing this!!

Heatherlyn said...

That's so cool! My husband saved a Pound Puppy that his mother made for him and now our 5 year-old has really enjoyed playing with it!