RM has been at his new job for almost two weeks and for the most part, he likes his job. He found work in his career field and is excited that there are new things that he's learning from his new job. I just wish that he worked closer and not 2 1/2 hours away from home. I see RM only once during the week and on weekends- at least our reunions are sweet!
Aunt Sue asked me last week if there was anything positive that I saw from RM being unemployed. It was a great question and though it was a stressful time, he was able to help me out with things that I could not have done without him:
- He was available to scratch my back- night & day. No more rubbing my back against a corner wall!- It was nice having company while I ran errands.
- I slept in every morning while RM got up, fixed Moe's breakfast, and took him to school.
- No more 5 am gym workouts, when you're unemployed you can work out after 8am!
- RM saw what I do on a day to day basis at home, and really appreciated everything I do to run our home efficiently. He's always been appreciative, but when he saw it first hand- it made a big difference.
- We laughed a lot.
- We cranked up the music...and danced. I still have fun when I dance by myself, but slow dances are more enjoyable when you have a partner, and this time- I let him do the leading.
- RM helped Moe complete his Scouts Eagle project!!!! Four months ago, Moe still needed to complete several merit badges and a huge Eagle project to plan. During RM's two month unemployment, they were able to complete the remaining merit badges and Moe's Eagle Project. (will post about Eagle project with pictures later)
RM and I have always had a close relationship, but we drew even closer. It's no wonder I miss him so much.