- Have you noticed that the older you get time tends to fly by really fast? I looked at our family portrait and realized that we haven't taken one in a very LOOOONG time. Renaissance Man and I keep saying every year that we'll lose weight first before we take a family portrait..... that was 8 years ago! Moe was 9 years old! Come rain or shine, fat or thin, we WILL take that family picture this summer! (I'll just invest in a pair of bodyshaping Spanx)
- How do you get a grim faced teenager to smile? Gather all the dance moves that you learned from the 80's and perform them right in front of your teenager. Set your timer for one minute & when you start performing the "Cabbage Patch", "Window Washer" and a few MC Hammer moves, you'll have them rolling on the floor with laughter before the minute is over! Yes, I will do whatever it takes to get Moe to laugh! Renaissance Man has gotten into the act as well, I have pictures to prove it, but he won't let me post them!
- Never, Ever, let your kids know that you're on a diet. When you eat that large piece of chocolate cake, they look at you with this "innoncent" look and you detect a hint of a smirk when they say, "When you're on a diet, are you supposed to eat that cake?" Come to think of it, maybe it is a good idea to let them know, they become your conscience!
- Every time we move, which has been a lot in the past several years, we are asked to speak at our church. It's a way for other members of the church to get to know your family. We've been in this new ward (church) for nearly a year and have not been asked to speak...and we do not mind! I have a real fear of public speaking. I literally have stomach aches, I throw up, I get migraines, and then I'm so physically exhausted that I'm in bed for an entire day afterwards. The funny thing is that once I start to speak, I'm fine! It's the anticipation that gets me really sick. Tonight, my heart dropped when I noticed on our caller ID, that a member of the bishopric was giving us a call. We let it go to voicemail and Renaissance Man said we should have this message on our voicemail.
"If you're calling to ask us to give a talk at church this Sunday, we believe that you should call someone else. We're really not into public speaking anyway. Have a great day!" Beeeeeep!
It turns out that we don't have to give a talk this Sunday, but Moe does! So of course, we told him that he should give a talk, because it's his duty. Talk about having double standards!
- Blog Awards! It has been a crazy month, especially a crazy week, and it will get crazier. So, there will be even less time to post or read other blogs this summer! I didn't want to forget the awesome blog awards that I received from....
September Mom from My Voice. My View: Thank You!
Lilly from Roy's Progress: Thank You!
Have a great & wonderful week!