Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas Eve Tradition

Every Christmas Eve, we get together with my mother, my sister and her family. We used to call it the 'Orphan Christmas Eve'. Anyone who didn't want to be alone on Christmas Eve was invited to ours, whether they were a friend, neighbor, or relative.

We always felt fortunate to live close together and wanted to extend our home to those who didn't have family or didn't live near family during Christmas. This year we spent Christmas Eve at my sister's, and later in the evening, some friends stopped by for dessert.

Here are some of the highlights of our Christmas Eve:


Our schedules have been very busy this year, so it's not often that we can all get together as a family. This is the first time in a very long time that my mother was able to be pictured with Moe and my nephew.


What do you get a mother that has practically everything she needs?
Another framed picture of Moe!


This is my older sister - the best sister in the world!



My cool brother in law and my nephew.



No matter how old Renaissance Man gets....


...He still loves playing with toys!



Moe and my nephew are both only children, so they get a lot of presents especially from my mother. They open Santa Stockings from her and then more presents. Can you tell that Moe is anxiously waiting to open his?



Moe is very pleased with his "Christmas stack." He received movie tickets, gift certificates, money, and an awesome photography book of Michael Jackson- a collector's item.


This quote summarizes our Christmas Eve:

"The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another."


(Comments turned off)